Are you looking for the Best Split AC in India? Then after reading this article review you will get a fair knowledge about it.
Apart from the 3-4 months of winter, summer in India starts in March and lasts until late October.
With massive global warming and weather changes, it is almost becoming impossible to keep your family protected without the AC.
But so many brands with a plethora of AC in their display, all claiming they are the best, sometimes can confuse you, and leave you making the wrong choice of buying the right AC for your family.
All these below questions may have puzzled you when you think of buying the Best Split AC in India 2021.
- Split AC or Window AC
- Which is the best AC in India?
- What is the best 1.5 ton split AC?
- What is the best inverter AC?
- Which is the best AC brand in India?
- Best 5 Star rated AC in India 2020?
- Best split ac in India reviews?
- Split AC vs Window AC
- Copper Coil vs Aluminum Coil
- Copper vs Aluminum Coil AC [Pros & Cons]
- Best Split AC In India 2021
- 1. Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC – FTKF50TV
- 2. Voltas 1.5 Ton 4 Star Inverter AC (Copper 184V SZS (R32)
- 3. LG Dual Inverter AC KS – Q18HNZD
- 4. Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 5-Star AC – Fantasia
- 5. Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
- 6. Blue Star IC518QATX Inverter Split AC
- 7. Godrej GSC 18KTC3 – WSA Split AC
- 8. Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5-Star Split AC
- 9. IFB 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
- 10. Kenstar 3 Star Split AC
- 11. AmazonBasics 1.5 Ton Inverter Split AC
- 12. LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
- 13. Haier 1.5 Ton Split AC
- Buying Guide for Air Conditioners (Best Split AC In India)
- Things to consider before buying an Ac
- Some important Tips from the Industry Insiders
- Conclusion For Best Split AC In India
Split AC vs Window AC
Window A.C are ideal for small rooms with a window space, these AC are mounted in the wall of the room.
Window AC is a single unit AC, with one face of it gets popping out outside the window. The other side of it is installed into the wall by the technician.
But there are certain drawbacks of the window AC. Window Ac occupies more space than the split AC.
Multiple cooling units are not an option for the window AC.
Also it has been observed that window AC makes more noise than the split AC.
In spite, of all these drawbacks, people still buy window AC, especially in northern parts of India because of its affordable price range.
If you want to go through our review on the Top Best Window AC in India, then you will get much more detailed information about them.
Copper Coil vs Aluminum Coil
While buying an A.C the first thing which comes to your mind is power consumption, 5-star ratings, eco-friendly, etc.
But the most important thing you need to decide is whether to buy one which has Copper coil or Aluminum coil.
Type of coil in the AC plays an important role in the performance and the longevity of the air conditioner.
Primarily there are two kinds of coil in the AC; condenser coils and the evaporator coils. The material of these coils are either copper or aluminum.
The coolant or refrigerant gas needs a medium by which it should travel, and that is when copper or aluminum coils comes into picture.
Copper coils are always preferred by the industry experts because of its cooling capacity.
But in comparison with copper coils, the aluminum coils were much cost effective.
Copper vs Aluminum Coil AC [Pros & Cons]
Because of which, since it was introduced for the first time by GE in 1970, it brought down the subsequent cost effectiveness of the manufacturers.
AC became more affordable to the common man thereafter.
Well both Copper and Aluminum comes with their pros and cons. The heat transfer rate is better for the copper coil.
Copper is also more durable than aluminum and easy to repair on field.
On the other hand since aluminum coils are cheaper than copper, it is more affordable.
Also as compared to the copper lesser metal is required to make the coil. Hence the overall cost is low.
Best Split AC In India 2021
So, it is a requisite for us to buy the right and best Split AC in India with your hard-earned money.
It should meet your requirements and at the same time give you value for money.
So after a lot of careful research and reviewing the products here comes my list of the top 13 Best AC in India 2021.
This 5 Star Inverter Split AC from Daikin is very energy efficient.
Its echo mode function (Power Saving Mode) ensures efficient operation by limiting maximum power consumption.
It has an outstanding feature of Power Chill Operation, during extreme heat conditions when rooms need immediate cooling.
Its power chill quickly drops room temperature and ensures instant cooling for immediate comfort. This AC tops our list of Best AC in India 2021.
- Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC comes with a 5 Star rating and the ISEER value of 5.33. With a very low annual energy consumption of 767 units approx.
- This Daikin FTKD50TV A.C works with the Neo Swing Compressor technology. This is a revolutionary technology which prevents leakage of refrigerant gas during compression.
- Echo mode function (Power Saving Mode) ensures efficient operation by limiting maximum power consumption.
- Power chill quickly drops room temperature and ensures instant cooling for immediate comfort.
- Energy Efficiency Rating – 5 star with ISEER Value – 4.7.
- Warranty – 1 year on Product & Condenser and 5 years on Compressor.
The next place on the list of Best Split AC in India is Voltas.
This Voltas inverter AC is powered by DC inverter technology.
That helps to maintain the ideal temperature by reducing the energy consumption without turning the compressor on/off.
Voltas Copper 184V also has a steady cool compressor.
With the low frequency torque control, it gives a constant temperature and also saves your energy.
Voltas 1.5 Ton 4 Star comes with a high ambient cooling feature, which provides cool air even when the outside is scorching 50 degrees.
- Copper condenser coil, ensuring your A.C gives faster cooling.
- DC inverter technology that helps to maintain the ideal temperature by reducing the energy consumption.
- Low frequency torque control, it gives a constant temperature and also saves your energy.
- It also comes with the Active Dehumidifier which Senses the indoor humidity and controls it in monsoon.
- Voltage – 230V Wattage – 1590W with ISEER Value – 4.1.
- Has an unique 4 way Auto Louver system which Delivers air uniformly across the room.
Warranty – 1 year on Product & Condenser and 10 years on Compressor.
Well LG as you all know is world renowned for its customer service.
This LG inverter AC comes with a dual cool technology with which you can enjoy faster cooling even when the outside temperature is at 52°C.
And thereby reduces the power consumption (around 40 – 80%). It saves energy up to 57% while operating.
It has an anti-corrosive condenser that can withstand salty air, rain and other corrosive elements.
With revolutionary ocean black protection applied to both indoor & outdoor units to provide durability, this product ranks third in the list of Top split AC in India 2021.
- Gold Fin™ Condensor technology anti-corrosive condenser that can withstand salty air, rain and other corrosive elements.
- Dual Cool technology ensuring that faster cooling with less energy consumption.
- Revolutionary ocean black protection applied to both indoor & outdoor units to provide durability.
- Hi groove Copper condenser with oscillatory movement for better heat dissipation.
- Smart diagnosis technology featured AC, directly through the LG Smart ThinQ App on your Smartphone.
- Warranty – 1 year on Product & Condenser and 10 years on Compressor.
Firstly, let me tell you that why this air conditioner is highly rated in India.
Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 5-Star Inverter Split AC has an unique auto cleaning feature.
With which it regularly cleans the filters and the vent from the dust particles and other pollutants.
There are many reasons to buy this product, above all stands its 6th sense inverter technology.
Which makes it a class apart from the rest of the air conditioners. So these are enough good reasons to rank it 4th in our Top 13 best split AC in India.
- Revolutionary 6th Sense Inverter Technology.
- Its Magicool technology cools even in the burning temperature of 55°C.
- Powered by The MPFI or multi-port fluid injection technology which helps in rapid cooling and instant comfort.
- Absolutely smooth noise-free cooling system, the Noise level of 43 dB, ensuring a peaceful sleep.
- Auto Clean Facility and Anti Bacterial Filter.
- Warranty – 1 year on Product & Condenser and 10 Years on Compressor.
If you are looking for an air conditioner that will give you the best cooling technology then Carrier definitely ranks among the top 5 best AC in India 2021.
Carrier is one of the best air conditioner brands which provides a large variety of cooling features.
It’s Flexicool Hybrid Jet Technology ensures that the energy consumption system of your air conditioner is very efficient.
Its Stabilizer-Free Operation designed ergonomically to work even in low voltage saves a lot of energy.
- Flexicool Hybrid Jet Technology ensures that the energy consumption is very less.
- Ergonomically built four different operating modes, to help to reduce the power consumption of the AC.
- Copper condenser coil, ensuring your C gives faster cooling.
- Stabilizer-Free Operation designed ergonomically to work even in low voltage saves a lot of energy.
- Energy rating 5 star, Consumption: 871.07 units. ISEER Value: 4.62
- Warranty – 1 year on product & condenser and 10 years on compressor.
The next place on the list of Best AC Brands in India is the Blue star.
Not many brands can provide the technology and comfort that Blue Star Split AC can provide.
It comes with a Dual Rotor Inverter Technology which has a rotary compressor with two compression chambers.
Also the iFeel technology ensures that you get the desired comfort around you.
This makes this air conditioner one of the top buy and very dependable brand.
- i Feel technology ensures that you get the desired comfort around you.
- Blue Star has come up with Anti-Corrosive Blue Fin which will prevent corrosion and allow more heat transfer.
- It has a specially designed 4D swing which offers uniform cooling.
- Cold plasma Technology to support natural bio climate which offers clean air.
- Acoustic Jacket On Compressor ensures very low level of noise.
- Voltage – 230V ; Annual Electricity Consumption – 889.02 units
- Warranty – 1 year on product, 5 years on condenser and 10 years on compressor.
This one is one of my personal favorite; not only because it is well priced.
This Godrej GSC Split AC has a multi layered acoustic jacket so that it does not make any noise when your child is sleeping.
Also, the healthy auto-blow feature prevents any bacterial growth inside the air conditioner.
It also has an anti- corrosive bluefin coating which protects it from the rust. All these features and a good customer service comes at a very affordable price.
- Green inverter technology for a better energy consumption.
- Tri filter Air purification with healthy auto blow out.
- Condenser Coil – Copper for better cooling and requires low maintenance.
- 5 star Annual Energy Consumption – 1122.45 units ; ISEER Value – 3.52.
- Anti- corrosive bluefin coating which protects it from the moisture & rust.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year on product, 1 year on condenser, 5 years on compressor.
One of the Best Split AC In India is Hitachi.
Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5-Star Split AC is a very trusted brand.
And has years of expertise under its belt when it comes to air conditioners.
Hitachi air conditioners are very energy efficient and reliable.
This ergonomically designed sleek model has the copper condenser coil.
Which ensures a better distribution of heat and and has anti corrosion robust technology which ensures longer durability.
- Energy-efficient device.
- Low maintenance AC.
- Noiseless performance.
- Stabilizer free operation.
- Wide-angle deflector circulate cool air in every part of the room.
- Manufacturer Warranty : 1 year on product, 1 year on condenser, 10 years on compressor.
IFB FastCool Air Conditioner comes in the top 10 of our list simply because of its Aerodynamic 360 Degree Blower which helps to cool the room quickly.
Also, it’s ultra-low frequency operation maintains a comfortable temperature while saving energy.
The 6 stage filtration process ensures that the air conditioner is dust free and breathes cleaner air.
- Titan Gold Evaporator Fins.
- Aerodynamic 360 Degree Blower.
- 4 Way Cooling designed technology.
- Ultra Low Frequency Operation for energy conservation.
- 6 Stage Filtration process ensuring anti-bacterial filter.
- Condenser Coil – Copper.
Warranty: 1 year on product, 5 years on condenser, 5 years on compressor
Kenstar 3 Star Split AC comes with an unique auto clean technology which avoids formation of mold/bacteria.
Also it has the indoor heat ex-changer ( IDU) coil is pre-coated with a Blue corrosive elements.
This maintains the IDU in excellent and efficient working condition.
One major drawback of this air conditioner is that it has aluminum coil, which makes it difficult to repair on field.
- Non Inverter Split AC.
- Anti Bacteria Filter; dust and bacteria is consistently removed.
- Auto Clean Technology removes the condensed water, hence preventing formation of mold and bacteria.
- Blue Fin Evaporator maintains the IDU in excellent working condition.
- Silver Ion antiseptic Filter to block the transmission of any airborne disease.
- Turbo Mode quicker cooling.
- Condenser Type- Aluminum
Believe me or not, this AC from AmazonBasics has raised the eyeballs of many critics and by the virtue of its sheer quality has become the #1 Best Seller in many e-commerce portals like Amazon.
No wonder it has bulldozed itself into the esteemed list of Best Split AC in India 2021.
This 1.5 Ton Inverter Split AC is provided with a 100% copper condenser which has a higher efficiency of heat transfer than aluminum.
Its four-stage filtration system keeps out both visible and invisible dust and other impurities from the air and pollutants.
This super-duper cooling appliance ensures higher energy saving with an extremely impressive 5 Star BEE Rating and an ISEER rating of 4.6.
- Anti-dust filter there.
- Humidity control is protected by dehumidification mode, AC efficiently dehumidifies the room.
- Golden Fin Anti-corrosive coating technology.
- Up to 12 fan speed grades to ensure greater accurate control.
- Refrigerant Leakage Detection.
- Self-diagnosis and Auto-protection are available.
LG is power-packed; let’s get this straight in our head.
They will never deviate from the mission of providing the best technology which they have in their arsenal.
Then they will back it up with the so trustworthy world-class customer service.
You think of seamless comfort at your house, testing on your sofa couch and enjoying the Saturday night La Liga, El Clasico, no other air conditioner could provide you with that kind of comfort that LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC do.
The 4Way air swing function, or the anti-bacterial Plasmaster lonizer Feature, has revolutionized the air-cooling industry.
- It comes with a dual inverter compressor.
- Hi-grooved copper condenser coil.
- Stabilizer free plus 4-in-1 convertible cooling with anti-bacterial Plasmaster lonizer Feature.
- Certified by TUV Rheinland.
- Low gas detection with a smart diagnosis system is available.
Another one of the Best Split AC In India is Haier.
As per the Euromonitor Statistics of 2003, Haier was ranked as the 2nd largest Home Appliances brand in the world.
The world-class, top-notch products, that Haier provides has certainly lived up to the expectations of the millions worldwide.
Most importantly, the user’s feedback suggests, that Haier 1.5 Ton Split AC is sublime and hassle-free which makes a strong case for itself while claiming its foothold on the esteemed list of Top Best AC in India.
By now I am pretty much sure that you quite have been familiar with the Energy Efficiency, and Star Ratings of an AC.
- A high-performance compressor is designed to keep you cool even at an extreme temperature of 54℃.
- Anti-Bacterial smart filtration system.
- Air conditioner air throw to be as long as 15 meters.
- Comprehensive Warranty of 1 Year on Product, and 6 Years on Compressor.
Buying Guide for Air Conditioners (Best Split AC In India)
Air conditioners have become a necessity nowadays because of the increase in global warming and ozone layer depletion.
The present scenario is quite jittery and dubious, as you can see there are a lot of air conditioner brands available in the market all claiming to provide something which its competitor is not providing.
As a consequence of which, AC buyers have become more confused while purchasing the best split AC in India.
The Basic Difference between the Inverter and the Non-Inverter AC and its graphical representation.
Difference between Inverter and Non-Inverter AC
We highly recommend you to understand the basic difference between the Inverter AC and non-inverter regular AC.
Inverter AC runs continuously to maintain a uniform temperature throughout the time it operates and in the process consumes a less or minimal amount of power.
Whereas regular AC compressor is designed in such a way that it turns on and off to maintain the desired temperature in the room.
But, the flip side to it is that, whenever it restarts, it consumes three times more power which results in more electricity bills.
Advantage of Inverter AC because of their variable power control
Inverter AC has the upper hand
How Air Conditioner works
Refrigeration Cycle inside the Air Conditioner
Air conditioning is the conditioning of the hot and humid air within a certain space usually a building or a house that is measured in square feet.
Air conditioning of the air, if we look at it, from physics or dynamics of the airflow point of view; involves heating, cooling, humidifying, or dehumidifying of the hot air.
The purpose of air conditioning is to provide maximum indoor comfort.
Ideally, there are two processes primarily involved in the air conditioning mechanism.
This process occurs in reheated and pre-heater of the air conditioning system, in fact, the heat should ventilate the air.
This process can be done using the principle of electrical energy. In reality, the air is heated via heating water.
The main component that serves to cool down the air is the evaporator.
This cooling is done by the cold water which allowed for indirect cooling.
Air conditioners basically function or revolve around three basic processes of physics.
These three processes are evaporation, condensation, and compression.
An evaporator is basically a heat exchanger coil that’s responsible for collecting heat from inside a room through a refrigerant gas.
This component is known as the evaporator and is where the liquid refrigerant absorbs heat and evaporates to become gas.
The condenser receives the vaporized refrigerant from the compressor, converts it back to a liquid.
And expels the heat outside. It is also located on the outside unit of the split AC.
A compressor is where the compression of the gaseous refrigerant occurs.
It’s located in the outside unit, for example, the part that’s installed outside the house.
Things to consider before buying an Ac
If you are planning to buy the Best Split AC in India, then you must consider these point for your ultimate buy.
Cooling capacity is determined by the size of the Room against the capacity of your AC in tons.
Most of us are familiar, that while buying an AC, we look for either a 1 ton or a 1.5 ton A.C.
The general principle works here is that, with a higher ton of air conditioner, more the amount of heat the AC removes from the room within one hour.
Table to calculate the square feet to tonnage of the AC.
The number of people residing in the room also is a key deciding factor which most people tend to overlook and only go by the square feet capacity of the room.
If a family contains many people residing in a single room, which is a very common aspect in India.
Especially in the northern part of the country, the heat emission will be higher from the bodies.
Therefore, you may need an AC unit of higher tonnage to cool the rooms as compared to the same capacity of the room if used by a lesser number of people.
- 0 to 80 Square feet sized rooms we recommend 0.75-ton Inverter air conditioners.
- 80 to 120 Square feet sized rooms we recommend 1-ton Inverter air conditioners.
- 120 to 190 Square feet sized rooms we recommend 1.5-ton Inverter air conditioners.
- 190 to 300 Square feet sized rooms we recommend 2-ton Inverter air conditioners.
The location of your room also plays a significant part in deciding the cooling capacity the AC would have to bear, and how much ton of ac to go for.
If your room is top storied and it is touching the roof, then the rooms can appear hotter if the ceiling of your room gets direct sunlight during the daytime.
Usually, these happen the most in multi-storied buildings and flats where the ground floors usually had been observed with 1 ton AC and the top floor are featured with 1.5 ton or a 2 ton AC.
Calculation for the tonnage of Best Split AC In India
Ton is considered as the cooling capacity of an AC. Tonnage is the amount of heat that the AC removes from the room per hour.
To find the ton AC required you should know the length, breadth, and the height of the room.
Once you have the figure (in feet) just multiply all of the three to get a total.
Formula for the Total = Length (feet) x Breadth (feet) x Height (feet)
Most air conditioners are rated in BTU per hour (British thermal unit). You can convert it to tonnage and the mathematical calculation goes like 1 ton is equal to 12,000 BTU per hour.
The measurement is done as 3,412 BTU = 1Kw/hr.
The general calculation follows as; 1 ton is equal to 12000 BTU/hour and a 2-ton AC unit would be rated at 24,000 BTU/hr.
The higher tonnage AC will provide more cooling effect.
Finally, we need to check the power consumed by the unit in watts and the star rating which is based on the EER (energy efficiency ratio).
If we convert the cooling capacity to watts (1 ton = 12000 BTU = 3517 watts) and then divide it by the power consumed to achieve this we get the EER, the higher the better (this shouldn’t ever be below 2.3 and should be around 3.5 for a 5-star rating).
There could be several reasons for the depletion of the ozone layer.
Environmental pollution from the industries increasing the toxic in the atmosphere is a major influential factor to this climatic change.
The ozone layer is very important for maintaining the atmospheric balance. The ozone layer effectively blocks almost all solar radiation of wavelengths less than 290 nanometers from reaching Earth’s surface.
The amount of ozone layer is directly proportionate to the global warming and the glacial melting of the earth.
Hence, removing the ozone layer depletion should be our prime responsibility towards the mankind and the mother earth.
As a part of our own responsibility, we should start using air conditioners with eco friendly refrigerants like R290 and R600A respectively.
As the demand for air conditioners is on a gradual rise, Manufacturers will quickly switch over to eco-friendly refrigerants from CFC, HFC, and HCFC and so on and so forth.
Energy Efficiency (EER, SEER, ISEER, COP, BEE Star Ratings)
The energy efficiency of ACs plays a crucial part in selecting the Best A.C in India.
The energy efficiency of split-type AC is rated and expressed as Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) or Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER).
Higher the ratio, the more efficient the appliance. Both are used as the basis for determining the (number, star, or letter) rating in energy labels.
Which are placed on split ACs in various markets.
Energy Efficiency can be measured in several different ways.
Though all involve, some comparison of the amount of energy input required to produce a unit of cooling output (or vice versa).
ACs move heat rather than convert it from one form to another, so standard measures of thermal efficiency are not appropriate for describing the performance of these devices.
Some important Tips from the Industry Insiders
- Having knowledge before the purchase could be handy, but It is recommended by the experts, that, not to give too much emphasis on the Energy efficiency ratings. These rating levels change after every two years. The ratings are usually different in the next cycle.
- Sometimes, buying an AC towards the early part of the new cycle can be tricky. Sometimes, what happens is that the AC manufacturers try to lure you or pass off the AC with a higher rating. This can also have an impact on the price of the AC as well. But be careful, if the rating become outdated in the new cycle, then it is of no use to you. You will only end up paying some extra bucks.
- The ratings only matter when you consider the EER. An EER of 3.19 and 3.20 does not make much of a difference as far as AC efficiency is concerned. However, the ratings change from 3-Star to 4-Star onwards
After Sales Service of the AC Unit
The main difference between a well-reputed brand and a normal brand is the after-sale service.
One thing not to be judgmental, or take into consideration for sure is, while selecting the after-sales service is whether they have their own employees to look after the product or they are using third-party service providers.
Nowadays, since most companies have outsourced, third-party service providers, are also quite good.
Timers allow you to program the AC to operate for a certain period before shutting down automatically.
This works best when you go to sleep and you want your AC to shut off automatically after a stipulated time frame.
Conclusion For Best Split AC In India
So, Friends, I have listed down my findings on the Top 13 Best Split AC in India.
I have brainstormed and did a lot of research to finally bring you the Best AC Brands in India 2021.
Each of these air conditioners has its own pros and cons but never less they are the best selling Air conditioners in India and they certainly are the best choice of AC for your family.
I know you must be eager to buy the best air conditioner which will keep you cool.
I am also looking forward to your valuable suggestions, if I need to make any changes in that list, have I missed out on any good brand, please write in the comments section.
This will add value to this review article and help others to select the Best Split AC in 2021.
Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Finally Happy Buying to All!! Stay Cool !