In a country like India, where the middle-class people are still thinking to save every penny of their hard-earned money; which is the Best Refrigerator under 20000? Is a very frequently searched question on the internet.
So, Friends, today I am going to take you through the top 7 Best Refrigerator under 20000 in India, which I consider to be the best in this segment and can serve you well for many years.
- Best Refrigerator Under 20000 in India 2021 (Lise wise)
- Best Refrigerator Under 20000
- 1. LG 215 L 4 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- 2. Samsung 230 L 3 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- 3. Whirlpool 265 L 2 Star Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- 4. Godrej 236 L 2 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- 5. LG 235 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- 6. Haier 258 L 3 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- 7. Whirlpool 200 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Best Refrigerator Under 20000 in India – Buyer’s Guide
- Types of Refrigerators
- Categorization based on Defrost Type
- Convertible Refrigerators in India
- Inverter Technology
- Power Consumption
- Uniform Cooling Technology
- Water Dispensers
- Vegetable Crispers
- LED Lights
- Power Cuts
- Handle style
- Anti Bacterial Gasket
- Solar Energy Refrigerator
- Smart Diagnosis Technology
- Zeolite Technology
- Vacation Mode
- Home Alone Mode
- Conclusion of Best Refrigerator Under 20000
Best Refrigerator Under 20000 in India 2021 (Lise wise)
- LG 215 L 4 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Samsung 230 L 3 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Whirlpool 265 L 2 Star Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Godrej 236 L 2 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- LG 235 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Haier 258 L 3 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Whirlpool 200 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Best Refrigerator Under 20000
You can also go through our comprehensive Buying Guide for Best Refrigerators under 20000 and Top 9 Best Refrigerator Brands in India 2021.
So, let’s start and find out what they have to offer us. The following are the Top 7 Best Refrigerators under 20000 in India.
Topping our list is LG 215 L 4 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator, which is one of the best single door refrigerators which come with a smart inverter processor.
LG’s vision had always been to become a worldwide leader in digital electronics without compromising on customer satisfaction through innovative products and superior after-sales service.
I found this refrigerator better than any other of its kind in this price range. In terms of energy consumption, this refrigerator has got a 4-star rating.
This also contains an anti-bacterial and air tighten gasket. We highly recommend that if you want to buy the Best Refrigerator under 20000, then go for this refrigerator.
- It comes with the Smart inverter compressor.
- In case of any power cuts the smart connect technology inside the refrigerator connects to the home inverter.
- There is a special lattice-type box cover which preserves the moisture at an optimum level.
- Empowered to make the fastest ice in just 108 minutes.
- Anti-bacterial and air tightened Gasket.
- Toughened Glass Shelves.
Samsung was the pioneer to launch frost free refrigerator with 4 star energy efficiency rating.
From single door refrigerators to double door, you name it and Samsung tops the chart. The one thing which Samsung is always proud of is its after-sales customer service.
This incredible Samsung 230 L 3 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator is equipped with advanced digital inverter technology.
A Grande Door design with an aesthetic look is very appealing. This refrigerator also runs on solar energy and runs on the home inverter as well.
- Grande Door design with an aesthetic look.
- Anti-bacterial gasket helps to keep the door liner clean.
- Stabilizer free operation also runs on solar energy.
- The vegetable drawer comes with a base stand.
- Safe clean Back provides protection from accidental bumps and knocks.
- Toughened Glass Shelves which can hold a weight of up to 175 Kg.
The next position in the list of Best Refrigerator Under 20000 is Whirlpool 265 L 2 Star Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator.
This Whirlpool 265 L 2 Star Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator is one of the best refrigerators of its kind, because it comes with the Deep Freeze Technology.
Not many Best Refrigerators under 20000 comes with as many features, as this refrigerator does.
It ensures that the cooling is not lost even during the power cuts. Patented Zeolite technology prevents excessive ripening of fruits, hence reducing wastage.
- Honeycomb design with the moisture control system.
- Fresh flow air tower with Flexi vents which are strategically placed.
- 6th Sense Deep Freeze Technology with full circular airflow.
- Anti-bacterial micro block technology that prevents up to 99% bacterial growth.
- Chilling Gel which releases cool air during power cuts.
- The Fresh flow air tower with Flexi vents ensures 40% faster bottle cooling.
Godrej Refrigerator is 4th on the list of Best Refrigerator Under 20000 in India.
Godrej has a heritage of more than 62 years in India of making and designing thoughtful appliances.
This Godrej 236 L 2 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator is equipped with a Reciprocating compressor, which maintains a consistent temperature throughout.
Godrej boasts about the fact that their products are manufactured in GreenCo Platinum Plus rated Factories in Mohali and Shirwal.
- Antimicrobial resistance in the gasket keeps food germ free and fresh.
- Frost-free refrigerator with a capacity of 236 liters.
- Huge sized bottles & aerated drinks could be placed in the 2.25-liter bottle storage.
- Up to 150 kg weight could be withstood by the toughened glass.
- The building of ice can be stopped with the Auto defrost feature.
Also Read: Best Refrigerator Under 15000
LG 235 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator is yet another fantastic refrigerator designed by the multinational giants LG.
This model comes with a 4-star rating in energy efficiency. The freshness of the food is retained with the help of direct cool technology.
The smart inverted power-saving technology and stabilizer free operation makes it an indispensable product.
- Easy to clean Anti-bacterial Gasket
- Smart inverter compressor with super silent operation
- Smart connect technology enables you to connect with your home inverter in case of power cuts
- 4 star rating in Energy efficiency
- The freshness of the food is retained with the help of the direct cool technology.
Another Best Refrigerator Under 20000 is Haier Refrigerator.
This Haier 258 L 3 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator has an interchangeable feature that can change the freezer into a fridge.
Haier has faster and unique ice-making technology, makes ice comparatively faster than any fridges. This fridge offers a great value add to your kitchen as this comes within an affordable price range.
- Frost-free comes with a 5-1 convertible refrigerator.
- Stabilizer free operation which evens works in low power supply
- Twin inverter technology where the fan can run at different speeds.
- Aesthetically designed bigger and cool looking vegetable box
- Toughened glass shelves that can withstand heavy pots and pans.
- This TM Double Door Refrigerator has a thicker PUF (Polyurethane rigid foam) insulation which helps to retain low temperatures efficiently for better cooling.
Our last and final Best Refrigerator Under 20000 in India 2021 is Whirlpool.
Whirlpool 200 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator had been tailor-made and perfectly suitable for those people who want a sturdy durable refrigerator that will last for years without any hassle.
The aesthetic touch and designer look is an added perk to it. It also comes with a Fluidic end cap and breathes arc handle and crescent door design.
It also features an easy-to-clean removable Anti-bacterial airtight gasket and auto-connect to a home inverter with stabilizer-free operations.
- 4-star BEE star rating
- breathe arc handle and crescent door design.
- Intellisense Inverter technology, with energy-efficient inverter compressor
- Vegetable Crisper with Honey Comb Moisture Lock-in Technology
- MicroBlock technology prevents 99%* bacterial growth
- Up to 12 hours of Milk Preservation
- Easy-to-clean removable Anti-bacterial airtight gasket
Best Refrigerator Under 20000 in India – Buyer’s Guide
In spite of even if you are buying refrigerators under 20000, the basic principles or guidelines of buying a refrigerator remain the same, like the one which I have reviewed in Top 9+ Best Refrigerators in India 2021.
If you have a budget, then it is more important for you to buy the right kind of refrigerator for you which last long, since it is your hard-earned money.
Types of Refrigerators
Best Refrigerator under 20000 mostly comes in two types; and they are as follows:
Single Door Refrigerators
Single Door Refrigerators are still the most widely used refrigerators in India.
They come in a capacity of 150 liters to 250 liters. It has a single door with the freezer featuring inside the refrigerator. They are economical as well. Mostly they operate on the direct cool technology.
Cons: Auto defrosting feature is generally not available with the Single Door Refrigerators. If you have to defrost, you have to do it manually at a regular interval.
- Direct Cool
- Manual Defrost
- Ideal for small families
- Digital Auto defrost is also found in a few latest models
Double Door Refrigerators
Double Door Refrigerators are also called Top Mount Refrigerators. The freezer has a separate door, separate heating element takes care about the formation of frost and you do not have to worry it. That’s why they are also called frost free refrigerators and you do not have to do manual defrosting.
- Frost Free
- Separate Freezer mounted on Top
- Large Freezer as compared to single door
- Capacity 250 liter to 650 liter
Categorization based on Defrost Type
Based on the defrosting technology refrigerators can be categorized as:
Direct Cool Refrigerator
The Single Door refrigerators, which do not have separate freezer, runs on this mechanism; that is why they are also called Direct Cool Refrigerator. They are the most affordable ones in the market.
- Instant Cooling capacity
- More Pocket Friendly
- Manual Defrosting mechanism
- Smaller in size than Frost free
- Consumes Less energy
Frost Free Refrigerator
Manual defrosting is not required for the Frost Free refrigerators. The come in much bigger size as compared to the Direct Cool Refrigerator.
- More on the expensive side
- Completely Frost Free
- Consumes More Electricity
- Bigger in size than Direct Cool Refrigerator
Convertible Refrigerators in India
The main concept of convertible refrigerator has originated from the winters when most families do not require a freezer especially in north India. Moreover if you are a vegetarian, then you do not require at all storing frozen foods like fish and meat.
That is why the convertible refrigerator can help you in converting a freezer compartment into a regular freeze portion so that you can store more fruits and vegetables and other cooked items.
In a convertible refrigerator, the freezer box unit and the refrigeration compartment are independent of each other.
Inverter Technology works on the principle of reducing load of the refrigerator. They actually never turn off the compressor, because every time it turns off and on, it creates some pressure load on the compressor.
Instead, it adjusts its power and how much cooling to go for based on inside and outside temperature. It does all the adjustments by itself. When the temperature falls below the set levels, the inverter will automatically switch the compressor to a less moderate capacity.
That’s why they are referred to as smart or intelligent compressor. This saves a considerable amount of electricity. It had been observed that inverter technology does 20 – 30% less electricity consumption. Thereby it is more pocket friendly.
Usually, Single Door refrigerators are more energy efficient, since consumption of energy and power is 30% to 40% less in case of them.
While buying the refrigerator brand check for the power consumption in the form of BEE star rating. These are universally accepted ratings, and the higher the rating, the lesser is the power consumption.
Uniform Cooling Technology
Since the time when refrigerators came in India, in the 80s , 90s we are used to seeing refrigerators of single door models, where you could see that the cooling takes place only near the freezer compartment, where ice are been made. That’s why the rest places are not uniformly cooled.
Modern Refrigerators are made with Uniform Cooling Technology used, where there are multiple air vents located and strategic places to ensure that cooling takes place at each and every corner of the refrigerator.
Even if you open and close the refrigerator door frequently cooling is not disturbed with the aid of this technology.
- Whirlpool has 3D Airflow technology.
- Haier refrigerators are equipped with the 360-degree airflow
- LG refrigerators have Ice Beam Door Cooling technology with cooling 35% faster than conventional systems.
- Samsung, Godrej, and Hitachi models had featured dual fans to discretely cool the fridge and freezer.
Sometimes your fridge can smell bad because of rotten vegetables or fruits or meat or fish. Deodorizer keeps the fridge from smelling bad.
The deodorizer removes the odor particles to keep the air fresh by good ventilation.
Before buying your fridge, you can always check if your refrigerator has the deodorizer option or not.
Some models come with inbuilt water/ice dispenser. You will find this mostly in the side-by-side door refrigerators.
You can fill up your glass using the water dispenser. Thus, you do not have to open the fridge to get your glass of cold water.
Moisture absorbing technology is very important nowadays to keep your fruits and vegetables crisp and fresh.
Whirlpool was the first to introduce this technology and it slowly revolutionized the industry.
Nowadays, latest refrigerator models are coming up with the Advanced
Zeolite Technology, which takes care of fruits not to get over ripened.
LED lights are more long-lasting and they are more energy saving since they consume less power than the conventional lights inside the fridge.
Even modern refrigerators are featuring with led lights inside the freezer.
Modern day refrigerators are coming up with the motion-sensing lights that automatically switch on when you open the refrigerator.
We all know, what happens during power cuts. Firstly, the food will get spoilt, if there is a load shedding for longer duration like 8-12 hours.
Moreover, on top of that, when electricity resumes, there could be a spike or a surge in the voltage due to which your refrigerator might get damaged.
Godrej was the first to introduce the stay cool technology, which kept freezer cold even during power cuts. This actually revolutionized the refrigeration industry.
The modern refrigerator models like LG, Samsung, Godrej, Hitachi and Whirlpool followed the trend and introduced similar kind of technology where with the aid of the cooling gel technology.
This happens with the help of cold gas which is released inside the refrigerator from the cooling gels.
Note: You will find plenty of refrigerators in the market which come with built-in Stabilizers.
Do remember one thing that if your area or locality goes through the hassles of frequent power cuts and voltage fluctuation issues, then, even if your refrigerator has built-in stabilizers
Still, we strongly recommend you give it an added protection by buying a voltage stabilizer separately for it. It is your hard-earned money after all, and you should protect your refrigerator so that it lasts longer for many years.
The handle of a refrigerator come in two styles. One is the old conventional pro handle style, which is generally straight handled.
The other one is the European style which is ergonomically designed and comes with an aesthetic touch.
Few modern refrigerators are coming with both the options as well, but that is only for the high-end refrigerators that might cost you some extra bucks.
Exchange of your old refrigerator:
It is recommended if possible to exchange your old refrigerator since your old fridge consumes more electricity.
No point in keeping two refrigerators since the modern refrigerators come with a better and bigger storage facility and also lesser power unit consumption.
Anti Bacterial Gasket
The door liners of the refrigerator might get affected by the bacteria or fungus. An anti-bacterial gasket prevents the door liners from getting bacteria or fungus and keeps them clean.
This is the main reason for the food turning bad and thus serves you preserving the food in a better way by keeping it germs and bacteria-free.
Solar Energy Refrigerator
Nowadays some modern refrigerators even run with solar energy. This saves a lot of electric consumption and is environment friendly also at the same time. Current and voltage in the battery are controlled and regulated by the solar charge controller.
Smart Diagnosis Technology
Some Refrigerators come with this Smart diagnosis technology where the SDS mode of the refrigerator if find any issues or mishaps with the fridge, gives a call to the call center or the helpline number immediately from your Smartphone app.
Zeolite technology is the name of a mechanism which can prevent excessive ripening of fruits. Thus fruits can be stored for longer period of time without wasting any of its nutrients value.
Curd Making Technology: Some modern-day refrigerators come with the curd making technology. It helps to make curd in a faster way even during the winter season in north India, where fermentation happens usually at a very slower rate
Even when you are in a vacation, while the fridge is switched off, you can only keep the freezer on and save some considerable amount of energy.
Home Alone Mode
You can switch off your fridge and use your freezer as a mini fridge by converting the freezer into a fridge. You can do this frequently and smartly when you do not have a lot many to store in your fridge.
Conclusion of Best Refrigerator Under 20000
I have earnestly, tried to cover and include all the aspects of Best Refrigerators under 20000 in India 2021. All the products listed here have been chosen with a great deal of nitty-gritty only after detailed research and going through their hundreds of user reviews.
Finally, I am eagerly waiting to hear more from you. Please do drop in your valuable comments after going through this article post on Best Refrigerator under 20000 in India 2021.
Your feedback and suggestions are invaluable to me so that I can learn more from you and we can be mutually benefitted.